Tuesday 16 August 2011

What this blog is about

What I have really wanted to write is a guide for the battlefield of Waterloo so that anyone could stand at different points on the ridge and read for 5 minutes about what happened on that spot in 1815.  I'm planning to write this as a narrative you could read off a Blackberry, iPad or similar.  Does it say anything profoundly new?  No.  Is it totally accurate?  That's impossible - Wellington famously said that trying tor ecreate the battle afterwards was like trying to recreate an evening of dancing: all the events probably hapened but in an uncertain order.  The most I hope is that this is a little bit different to anything I have read on Waterloo before.  I hope you accept it for what it is and it helps soemone to enjoy their visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment